Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fun weekend.

So, I had a pretty great weekend. Friday I worked in the morning, then spent the rest of the day/night with my cousin. OK, that part was a bit shit, but whatever.

Chilled all day Saturday, and then went into the city with a mate for some comedy fun.

We started off seeing 'Crossing Over' which featured three comedians: Julia Clark, Don Romeo, and Chris North. Unfortunately, Don Romeo lacked good delivery and just wasn't very funny at all. Julia Clark and Chris North, however, were hilarious.

Once that finished at around 7, we ate and wondered around for a bit, before heading to Town Hall, and we got given some free tickets to Wilson Dixon.

I'd like to point out here that my friend, Hannah, got ID'd at the venue and I didn't. YAY! :P

Anyway, so Wilson Dixon. HILARIOUS! That's the sort of show I'd go see again.

He's a country singer from Cripple Creek, in Colorado, and his show was about his divorce, and how he went on a road trip with his dog, Biscuit, to get away from it all for a bit.
Lines like "I saw a sign that said 'End Roadworks'. I thought there was better things to be protesting about.." "Keith Urban? What kind of name is that for a country singer?..".

He had a hilarious story about his vindictive horse.
Right, after that, we had two hours to kick around until we went to Trade Aid, and we just walked around the city and had ice-cream. 

So, Trade Aid. It was pretty good. They covered Carole King's songs. Lot's of people there, I can hardly remember who, though. 

That went from 11.30 - around 2AM, and we stayed there for another hour or so dancing. Lot's of fun.

Mad hunt for KFC seating and taxi's. 

Han and I didn't get home til around 5ish. 


Slept for just over three hours, and I went to work. 
Less than two minutes after I walked in, we had a blackout. Power came back up and hour and a half later, so, I didn't have to do any real work until an 2 hours after I walked in. WIN!

Shift went alright. Saw my favourite crew person! Yay!

And yeah. That's all I remember, really.

Hope everyone else's weekend was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment